Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Instant Wisdom

Well... let's just say my writing was "off" for this assignment, but I'll post what I can.
.
First of all, we needed to rewrite two proverbs:
.
The original: "A scalded dog fears cold water."
Mine: "We fear even the good when we truly have experienced the bad."
.
The original: "If everyone swept in front of his house, the whole world would be clean."
Mine: "We need only do a little to do enough if everyone does just that little."
.
Hmmm... lame. I'll admit.
Next, we had to write our own proverbs of sorts based on a word.
.
On bad drivers: "It's always the other guy."
On computers: "We spend more time fixing their problems than they do ours."
.
I have come to the conclusion I probably shouldn't quit my day job any time soon to take up writing proverbs, if I had a day job that is. Is anyone hiring?

No comments: