Friday, September 12, 2008

Glandular Fever

This is merely a blog to plot what shall be written next...

What?
Prom. A handicapped kid, waiting with a rose for a girl who never arrives, and how cruelly insensitive this world can be...

Why?
I tried writing the same story in poetry and I couldn't find the words. I'd like to develop the story into something more, especially before the memory fades.

And random words to incorporate:

Glandule: A small gland.
How do you use that? I felt as though I'd been hit with a bout of glandular fever. That sounds a like a personal problem to me.

Slant: Be, or set something at an angle. He had a slanted stance. Or... I'd never realized how slanted my view of things were.

Run of the mill: Ordinary, average.
It was a run of the mill music lineup. Or... He wasn't your run of the mill kid.

4 comments:

Cierra::The Yellow House said...

Maybe the handicapped kid is handicapped becuase of a glandular infection gone wrong??? Ha ha..I'm looking forward to reading what you come up with.

Marilyn O. said...

Excuse me, it was an event of glandular proportions!

Lisa Owens said...

I have a memory of sitting on your bed with you on one of my visits home and listening to you vent your frustration about not being able to put your feelings about this on paper. Good for you for not giving up on trying to write it. Oh and are the random words and phrases part of an assignment, or are they just for your sake?

Val said...

The random words and phrases are part of the assignment...