Friday, November 14, 2008

Quirky Confessions

A Few Really Odd Details About Val That You Probably Didn't Care To Know

Warning: This list is really peculiar and pretty embarrassing so if you'd rather not know such details about me, then don't read.
  1. I like lists-- like this one.
  2. I don't like the sound of alarms. It's not that I mind waking up to them, but I just don't like the sound. I prefer a phone with a loud vibrator to awake me. Unfortunately, my phone is too suave and quiet now for this to work.
  3. On the lines of alarms-- I don't like waking up fives and zeros, like 6:30 or 6:35. I prefer times that end in twos, fours, sixes, and nines, like 6:32, 6:34, 6:36, and 6:39. Nines are rare. Eights are okay occasionally.
  4. Speaking of nines, nine is my lucky number. I was born in the ninth month, on the 29th day, in the year 1989 at 9:03 am. Fate? I think so.
  5. I passionately despise being cold. For example, my toes are cold right now and it's distracting me.
  6. I don't like my feet.
  7. My arms are hairy. And when I first wrote that I spelled hairy as "harry."
  8. I buy dirt cheap clothes and then never wear them. Then I feel guilty for my frivolous spending and hang onto the said article of clothing forever. It's terrible.
  9. Along the lines of clothes, I wear shirts, shoes, jeans, etc... that I don't like very much every once in a while so they have their "turn." Sometimes these offending pieces of clothing are those same pieces mentioned in number eight. I also listen to crappy CD's every so often for the same reason.
  10. I am mildly obsessed with words and names. I am registered on pregnancy sites (okay only one) so I can explore the name databases and chat with expectant mothers. I supposedly had a baby girl in September. Must get pregnant again... And www.thesaurus.com and www.behindthename.com are two other favorite sites of mine. I have favorite words that are just comfortable to use.
  11. Did I mention I really, really don't like being cold?
  12. I have favorite spots, like a favorite position on the couch, seat at the kitchen table, desks in classes, and such. I am not overly bothered by upsets in my system, but it throws me off kilter for just a minute. The only favorite spot I am very particular about is my parking spots.
  13. I love juice. I drink a lot of juice. Apple juice to be specific. Wal Mart apple juice is rather icky. Once in a rather stressful week I counted eight half empty cups of icky Wal Mart juice scattered throughout the kitchen. Bad Valerie.
  14. I refer to people by their full names on frequent occasions. Like I said, I like names.
  15. My roommates just reminded me I eat cereal very often. I'd like to give a brief shout out to all those who have first of all even heard of King Vitamin and second of all enjoy eating it.
  16. I sleep in the same spot, in the same position every night. I am told I sleep like a corpse. Or a mummy. Take your pick. I have a horrible confession. My bed at home actually has a butt imprint of just where I sleep at night.
  17. My roommates say I brush my teeth a lot. But I don't think so. I brush after I eat. Is that odd? Yesterday, the dental hygienist complimented me on my clean teeth and nice gums. It made my day.
  18. Speaking of dentists, I feel horribly guilty when he tells me to floss more (even though I floss quite often), so guilty I get sick to my stomach.
  19. Before going to the hairdresser, I always do my hair really cute and dress up. I don't want the hairdressers to think poorly of me.
  20. I can be kind to a fault. And sometimes I store all this pent up meanness and just snap and that's not pretty.
  21. I have a very hard time saying no. I can be too passive. Which is odd, because I am either too passive, or way too stubborn. Rarely in the middle.
  22. I passionately love poetry. Poetry deserves to be read out loud. Unfortunately, there is little room for privacy in a house with five girls, so the other day I read poetry out loud on the bottom of the basement stairs. Parks and mountainous locations are also good for the reading of poetry.
  23. This list makes me sound like I might be in serious need of professional mental help. I promise I'm okay.
  24. I tend to be overly apologetic.
  25. I sometimes forget to feed myself.
  26. I love grocery shopping. Really, I love it.
  27. I also love book stores, particularly used book stores. When I'm having a bad day, I like going to book stores and just letting the pages upon pages of print absorb my stress.
  28. When I forget to do something important, I feel excessively guilty and can't stop thinking about it until it's done, even if there is nothing I can do about it for quite some time. Sometimes writing the item up in a list helps.
  29. My feet have warmed up, but now my hands are cold.
Okay now that I have exposed myself in a scandalous fashion, it's your turn. To which of my quirks can you relate? And any of your own quirks you'd like to confess? It's oddly therapeutic to get that all out there in a nice tidy list. I recommend it thoroughly. I like lists.

4 comments:

Marilyn O. said...

You didn't mention the distaste for wet hands.

Lisa Owens said...

I have never thought you needed professional help, but after reading this I'm reconsidering.;) I have also been told that I sleep like a mummy. And Mom, unless Valerie also has the same problem with wet hands I think you're confusing her with me.

Marilyn O. said...

Lisa,
No I'm not confused; both of you are weird that way.

cobear said...

King vitamin rocks