Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blue

What a strange morning. I ran to the gym this morning in a thick fog. From the windows of the gym, I watched as the rising sun bled into the misty gray dawn, melting away the shadowy sky. Within an hour, the sky was June blue-- exquisite-- with the exception of a few dusty clouds lingering at the horizon. Now, not an hour later, the fog has returned, thicker than before. It is hard to imagine that somewhere beneath the heavy grayness there is a blue sky, waiting quietly to return.

In other news, it is a Tuesday. It is also Veterans Day. I am so thrilled to be an American! Last week was my first time voting. What a thrill that was! I am grateful to those men who fight to protect my freedom, so I can do things like vote-- and enjoy November fog. The pictures below are of war memorials in the DC area.

No comments: